The Aquatrine contract transferred responsibility for the water and wastewater assets to Severn Trent Services Defence by way of leases and licenses and they became ours to manage, as such we have property rights over those assets. No-one should be interfering with or modifying the water or wastewater network without our approval. Any damage or interference, howsoever caused, must be reported to Severn Trent Services immediately.
Severn Trent Services have been appointed by the MOD to manage and maintain the MOD water and wastewater networks and systems.
No. Severn Trent Services are a commercial water services contractor which operates private water systems on behalf of the MoD across the country under the MOD Aquatrine Package C PFI contract. Severn Trent Water Limited are the Regulated Statutory Undertaker for water services in the Midlands.
The MOD has a right under the Aquatrine contract to make changes. They can do that in two ways:
- Instruct us themselves under Clause 43.5 and give STS a Work Instruction and we will carry out the works, or
- Remove that part of the network from the MOD contract and carry out the work themselves or by their Contractors. They can achieve that removal by;
a. A Partial/Whole Site Group Disposal which would remove the area/whole site from Aquatrine.
b. Schedule 23 which would temporarily/permanently remove the area from Aquatrine.
- Schedule 23 allows the MOD to remove and later bring an area back into the scope of the Aquatrine contract without having to go through a Site Group removal/addition process.
- Schedule 23 transfers the water and wastewater assets in that area to the MOD who can then hand it to the developer.
- We are obligated to support the MOD with development projects under Schedule 23 and we review and comment on the proposals.
- If the works to be carried out is going to impact the remaining network we would advise what can be accommodated and what cannot. If the required changes would need downstream works to be carried out, then we would require a Work Instruction to carry out those works.
- If the changed network is not to the standard required then we would not accept it back into Aquatrine.