These links are to external sites and will launch a new window. The list is by no means exhaustive but these are some of the key regulatory bodies and groups along with a brief description of their area of interest. If you want to return to this page, close the new window down. Thank you for visiting our web site.
- Consumer Council for Water is an independent organisation that represents the consumers interests and complaints.
- Defra (Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs) is a government department, set up to improve the quality of life by integrating environmental, social and economic objectives and ensuring sustainable development.
- EA(Environment Agency) regulate and enforce water abstraction consents and quality standards in inland, estuarial and coastal waters.
- Legionella Control Association (LCA) expects a level of conduct from members involved in the supply of goods and services relating to the control of Legionella bacteria in water systems. This offers assurance to customers using suppliers from the association. Severn Trent Services is a member of the LCA.
- OFWAT (The water services regulation authority) is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage services in England and Wales. Ofwat set price limits for how much companies can charge their customers and encourage the suppliers to be more efficient to ensure growth is sustainable and responsible.
- The Water Management Association (WMSoc) offers experience from across the water industry and is consulted by government and industry alike for their expertise. Some of those experts are employed by Severn Trent Services.