Legionella Awareness Training
City & Guilds Assured Training
The Legionella Awareness Course Overview
Legionella 101 course is our flagship training offering, covering the history and sources of Legionella, the potential consequences of an outbreak, and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation for water hygiene to prevent illnesses.
- Insight into the history of Legionella and the potential danger of water-borne pathogens.
- Overview of the illness of Legionellosis
- Knowledge of the legalities for people with responsibilities of water systems and those who operate and maintain water systems.
- Understanding of the prevention of illnesses according to HSE legislation.
- How to manage the compliance and where to look for guidance.
- Overview of systems schematic diagrams.
- How to effectively manage tasks and assets associated with the management of Legionella.
- An insight into biocidal control.
- The creation and review of water management plans.
- When is Legionella sampling required.
Our Legionella Awareness Trainer
Kris Rowland, our Head of Technical and Compliance is recognised as a subject matter expert in his field and has over 20 years of experience in this industry.
Who is the Legionella Awareness course for?
This legionella awareness training course is ideally for professionals working as responsible people, duty holders and individuals who are involved with the everyday management of Legionella. It is also applicable for candidates who require an introduction to Legionnaires’ disease and matters concerning the control of Legionella bacteria in hot and cold water systems and other risk systems in accordance with the Health and Safety Executives ACOP L8 to HSG274 Parts 1-3 which covers non healthcare properties, and Health and Safety Guidance HTM 04-01 which covers healthcare properties and estates.
To speak with one of our Training team call us today on 0845 0348952, or here